Customer Sign In
Doctoral Writing Assessment - Spring 2019
Procedures and Regulations
- Each applicant should plan to stay for 2 ½ hours, 2 hours for the exam plus two 15 minute breaks (if needed).
- Applicants should be prepared to show a copy of their registration form (if applicable) and a valid I.D. (government-issued, passport, etc.) when checking in for the assessment.
- A secure location will be provided for applicants to lock up their personal items, such as bags, purses, and cell phones.
- Applicants will be given two writing prompts. The applicant will select one and respond by writing a 5-7 page paper.
- At the end of the assessment session, the applicant will deliver their saved work on a USB flash drive (provided).
- Each applicants' essay will be scored by two (2) College of Education faculty members.
- Applicants will be notified of score within one week.
The Center for Educational Programs on the University of Houston - Clear Lake Campus. We are located in the Arbor building suite A1300.01. The campus address is 2700 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX 77058.
The appointment is on the campus of the University of Houston Clear Lake in the Arbor Central building. From Bay Area Blvd, you will turn right onto University Drive, take first street to your right then make an immediate left into parking lot G. Drive to the far-right hand corner of the parking lot, there you will find visitor parking places. Once parked, take the sidewalk between Arbor Central and Arbor South. You will enter in the larger building on the left via the sliding glass doors. Once inside the building, the CEP office (1300.01) is the second door on the left, directly across from the bathroom. You will be issues a parking pass (if needed) at the front desk. Please place the pass on your car's dash.
Writing Assessment (includes scoring): In-State $150.00
Reschedule Fee: In-State $25.00
1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.