Customer Sign In
Reminder: You must before you can register for an event.
Doctoral Writing Assessment - FALL 2020 : Via ZOOM (Virtual)
Procedures and Regulations for ZOOM Online Proctoring:
Each applicant should plan to sit for 2 ½ hours, 2 hours for the exam plus two 15-minute breaks (if needed); However, we will plan the Zoom timeframe for a total of 4-Hrs, 8:30 am-12:30 pm, to allow time to set up the testing environment, to discuss testing expectations, answer any questions, etc.
Applicants should be prepared to participate in a Zoom meeting at least 48-Hours prior to the test date to meet Mrs. Lewis and discuss exam preparations and the required testing environment.
The testing environment should consist of the following:
- Be in a private, well-lit room.
- Have internet/Wi-Fi access in order to receive an email containing writing prompts from test proctor and send the completed paper to test proctor.
- Workspace should be cleared of all clutter. The only items allowed at the workspace are computer/laptop, pens/pencils, blank scratch paper, water, snacks.
- Save and close all third-party applications on a computer/laptop.
- Have a mobile phone with a front-facing camera.
- Applicants must show a valid I.D. (government-issued, passport, etc.) when checking in for the assessment.
- Applicants will be given two writing prompts. The applicant will select one and respond by writing a 5-7 page paper.
- Before the proctored session ends, the applicant will save their work and email the paper to Mrs. Lewis.
- Each applicants’ essay will be scored by two (2) College of Education faculty members.
- Applicants will be notified of the score within one (1) week.
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM